Drunken Poetry Night (DPN) starts its 2016 reading series in April, celebrating Poetry Month. For its upcoming 10th reading on 9 April, we will be holding our first online poetry contest, LAGABLAB. The competition is open to all followers of DPN, regardless of age. We will award three winners in the English category and three winners in Filipino. Below are the contest rules.
General Contest Rules
Entry opens: 28 March
Closing date for entries: 6 April
Winners will be notified by: 8/9 April by text/email
Results publicly announced: 9 April, DPN10.
- Like the Facebook page.
- Send your entries in Word file through Facebook message.
- The two categories (English and Filipino) may be awarded to the same person.
- Poems must not have been published either in print or on a website, not be currently submitted or accepted for future publication. They must not previously have been awarded a prize in another competition.
- Entries must follow the contest theme: WHITE HEAT/LAGABLAB.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- No correspondence will be entered into once work has been submitted.
- Poems cannot be altered or changed after they have been entered
- Copyright remains with the authors, but we reserve the right to publish the winning poems. Copyright reverts to author after one year.
- Your entry in the competition means you accept these rules.